Norwegian Research Part 15 - Reider Toralf Bakke

Part 15 - Norwegian research
Although I still have a few more parish records to obtain for Adolf Olsen Bakke's family, I'm more interested now in moving on to his father's family.

So far, from census records, I know the following about the family of Ole Andersen Bakke:

Ole Andersen Bakke born 1829 Blakjer
married to
Juliane born 1829 Sørkedalen
with children
Adolf Olsen Bakke born 19 Jul 1859 Christiania, confirmed 1873 Eidsvoll parish, Akershus county
Oskar Olsen Bakke born 1862 Eidsvoll parish, Akershus county
Sofie Amalie Bakke born 1865 Eidsvoll parish, Akershus county

There is a marriage on FamilySearch 'Norway Marriages 1660-1926' for a Sofie Amalie Bakke with father Ole Andersen Bakke, to an Aksel Ludvig Eriksen with father Johannes Eriksen in Christiania (Oslo, Oslo) on 4 Nov 1888. 


I think we can safely assume this is our Sofie - but I will have to look up the LDS catalogue to see which parish the film number belongs to so I know which parish register in Christiania (Oslo) to look in on digitalarkivet to find the marriage.

First I'll look for Oskar and Sofie's baptism records in Eidsvoll parish in Akershus, the county neighbouring Christiania/Oslo. 


Back to the digitalarkivet home page in English and click on 'Digitised Parish Registers' then moving onto a Norwegian page to select under 'Velg fylke' - Akershus, which then brings up a list of all the parishes and their registers in Akershus county. 

For Oskar I need Eidsvoll baptisms for 1862 and find them in the Eidsvoll Klokkerbok 1861-1866. I can click '1862' and it will take me to the beginning of this year in the register. I'm hoping since it is a rural parish, it won't have too many entries for the year. I've changed the size to 100% and am using the arrows at the top or bottom to move to the next page.

I haven't found Oskar in 1862, so have continued onto 1863 as there are still 1862 births in this lot of baptisms. Finally found him baptised on 14 Jun 1863. He was born 31 Dec 1862. The baptism gives me his mother's name, although I'm not sure what it says: Juliane Petrine (Entesdatter??). Seems an odd name so I'm sure it is not right.
http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20060313010953.jpg&siz=full

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to plan ahead - where will you take your family history research this year?

2023 and it is time for new discoveries

Norwegian Research Part 14 - Reider Toralf Bakke