Danish ancestors from the Island of Fyn ( Funen)


If you have Danish ancestors from the island of Fyn (Funen), this website has an amazing collection of historical documents, pictures, drawings etc and articles of interest to both historians and genealogists. 
Unfortunately it has no Engli
sh version, but google translate works well enough for me to understand most of what is said. 
I have found many items relating to my Fyn ancestors on this site and just generally love looking at all the treasures to be found here. If you have a particular person or placename you are looking for you can use the search (søg) facility, or just browse around the site.

Imagine my excitement when I found this page from a medical book belonging to my 5 x greatgrandfather, Johan Nicolai Mürer, from his days as an army surgeon in Odense.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to plan ahead - where will you take your family history research this year?

2023 and it is time for new discoveries

Norwegian Research Part 14 - Reider Toralf Bakke